Bringing the snark back to snacking

Bringing the snark back to snacking
Lots of things taste better than being thin feels:
A gooey, cheesy, greasy pizza
A chocolate eclair
Ice cream and gelato
Movie theatre popcorn with extra butter
What's yours?

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kryptonite

Uh oh. They're back.

Mwahaha, I'm going to haunt your thoughts until you eat me!
Russell Stover chocolate marshmallows. They (and Frosted Flakes) are my kryptonite. I don't buy Frosted Flakes because I will pretty much eat the entire box in one sitting. Oh, there's some milk left over. I'll just add a little more cereal. Now I'm out of milk. I'll just add a little more. Now there's milk left over. I'll just add more cerealREPEATUNTILBOXISGONE.

Russell Stover chocolate marshmallows aren't quite as bad, but they're still irresistible. I would show you a picture of the actual product, except I ALREADY ATE IT. These chocolate marshmallows come in a variety of shapes from Halloween through Easter -- chocolate pumpkins, chocolate turkeys, chocolate Santas, chocolate hearts, and chocolate eggs or bunnies. The day after Easter this year I went to 8 different Walgreen's hoping to buy up their stock. I didn't think I'd be seeing them again so soon...at 3 Points apiece, they can not become a daily habit again!

But oh, the chocolatey goodness. The chocolate marshmallow is so soft and melts in my mouth, and then the chocolate coating adds a little bit of crunch and just enough sweetness -- excuse me, I have to go to Walgreens.

What's your kryptonite? How do you deal with it? Do you refuse to allow it in your home (like Frosted Flakes) or do you try and ration it like chocolate marshmallows? Mmm....chocolate marshmallows.

4 comments:

  1. I tried to talk you out of it! Boyfriend isn't always a bad enabler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I have so much kryptonite. Wine, any sort of dark chocolate, candy corn and cupcakes are the top four offenders. I simply cannot have it in the house without eating it. I'm terrible at rationing, so when I do allow it in the house, I allow it knowing I'm going to EAT IT ALL at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of foods that are like this for me. Right now, being unemployed and broke, I simply don't partake (though I don't recommend the poverty diet to anyone; it sucks). I can kill a bottle of wine a day by myself. Dark chocolate, anything with lots of cheese (particularly pizza), anything sweet and salty (trail mix, OMG), and sushi. I would eat sushi until uncomfortably full every day of my life if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It used to be Peanut Lover's Chex Mix, but somewhere along the line, either my taste buds changed or the bags I kept getting were stale, so I quit buying it.

    But what did I just see at Walgreens? Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins. I am DOOMED.

    Actually, I won't be doomed if I just don't buy them, which is really the best option. So I'm avoiding the snacks aisle for awhile. On the flip side, I have some peanut butter protein bars that are low in carbs, fat, and calories, so I'm rationing those. They're pretty good, amazingly enough.

    ReplyDelete