Bringing the snark back to snacking

Bringing the snark back to snacking
Lots of things taste better than being thin feels:
A gooey, cheesy, greasy pizza
A chocolate eclair
Ice cream and gelato
Movie theatre popcorn with extra butter
What's yours?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shooting Myself in the Foot

Yesterday was the first day I ate "on plan" since last Monday.  Today I weighed myself. In one week, I did 5 pounds worth of damage to my body and my progress. I know I can't beat myself up over this, or I'll just repeat the cycle, but at this point I fear I'll never get out of the binge/diet routine. I've gotten out of it in the past...for years even.

I like to eat. I like food. I enjoy going out to local restaurants. But there's a balance that I'm clearly missing. I can't keep going between EAT ALL THE THING and EAT NOTHING. Research has clearly shown yo-yo dieting is seriously harmful to the body.


Here I am, back on plan again. I'm taking this one day at a time. Yesterday I was good, I even exercised. Today I have been good. One day at a time.

Have you heard of Fitocracy? It's an awesome new website that gives you points for each workout you do. You earn achievements and can "level up" just like a game. Last night I ran/walked and earned 66 points. Almost to level 2! Working out is definitely more fun when there's incentives :-)

3 comments:

  1. Not beating oneself up is so difficult. I do it too. But Penny you have come so far and done so well and I have faith you'll get back on track. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny... love your blog and feel your pain. I gained 3 lbs this week myself, having erased what took me 6 weeks to lose. 6 weeks to lose 3 lbs and in 1 week, its back. So we will fight on together. :) As you say.. 1 day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron, how does the body do that?? So much struggle to lose a few pounds, so little difficulty in putting them back on.
    Glad to have you reading! I really hope we can support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete