Bringing the snark back to snacking

Bringing the snark back to snacking
Lots of things taste better than being thin feels:
A gooey, cheesy, greasy pizza
A chocolate eclair
Ice cream and gelato
Movie theatre popcorn with extra butter
What's yours?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Progress

Hey, look at that! I've made it through two slow-carb days in a row! AND I've lost 4 pounds in two days! That's a pretty strong motivator to keep me going.

Yesterday afternoon I was definitely feeling the "too much protein gonna hurl need carbs/sugar NOW" shakes. Around 4pm I thought I was starving, but I couldn't face eating any on plan food. Even peanuts tasted bad. I wanted dinner RIGHT THEN AND THERE. I forced myself to wait until 5pm. By 5, I thought I could hold off until 5:30, and by 5:30 I was feeling pretty all right. I didn't start dinner until 6:15pm, which is a much more respectable time, and it shows that I can get through the cravings.

I did go to bed with a nasty carb/sugar withdrawal headache though. I'm not sure what this cheat day is going to do for that...I feel better about no carbs, I gorge on carbs, and then I'm right back to going through this withdrawal :-\

Today I'm going to try a Crossfit class this afternoon, since I have a Groupon and two of my friends have been doing really well with it. I feel better since getting over yesterday; I feel like I can make it to Saturday and beyond!

Just eggs and spinach -- out of turkey bacon.

It tastes better than it looks - slow cooked balsamic vinegar chicken with tomatoes, black beans and quinoa

Nothing thrilling - grilled chicken with spices and salad with EVOO and balsamic vinegar

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah! I love how a good diet will have you losing quickly in the first few days. It really helps to reinforce what you're doing and prepare you for the inevitable plateau.
    Oooh, awesome! Which class are you going to? I think they have an all lady's class on Wednesday at 4pm or somewhat. JSchae is an amazing trainer. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can ONLY go to the lady's class MWF with my Groupon :-\ And the free Saturday classes ^_^

    ReplyDelete