Bringing the snark back to snacking

Bringing the snark back to snacking
Lots of things taste better than being thin feels:
A gooey, cheesy, greasy pizza
A chocolate eclair
Ice cream and gelato
Movie theatre popcorn with extra butter
What's yours?

Monday, July 30, 2012

Snark Time

I've gotten a new job since I was last writing here consistently. I won't tell you the name, but it's a popular national coffee shop, and you can probably see at least one by looking out your window.

I don't understand the attitude of some of the customers who "think" they're trying to be healthy. If you want to get a "skinny" latte, with non-fat milk and sugar-free syrup fine. I won't debate you the problems with non-fat and sugar-free crap; but I prefer to put real foods in my body. The problem I have is the people who insist on non-fat milk, sugar-free syrup, and EXTRA whipped cream.  Or a large anything on the menu. Or non-fat and sugar-free but EXTRA caramel drizzle.

I understand you want to treat yourself, and that's fine. But a large blended sugar drink is by no means healthy, even if you get a "light" version. And our whipped cream is made with heavy cream and full-sugar vanilla syrup, so really you're negating any "good" you did with the non-fat milk (which is pretty much just water. EW.)
Not even a little healthy.


If you're gonna get a sweet coffee drink, OWN it. Get it full fat, add the whip, drizzle it up. But take responsibility for what you're putting in your body. Stop trying to fool yourself into thinking you're eating healthy.

Personally, I've learned to love unsweetened teas.

4 comments:

  1. Curious!

    I do nonfat venti iced coffee, no extra sweetener 1 pump caramel or 1 pump coconut.

    Flame me and tell me what I should do differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, I don't give a shit what do you do. What I'm saying is don't try to delude yourself that you're "being healthy" or saving any calories in the long run if you get a nonfat drink with whipped cream and caramel drizzle. The calories you're saving with nonfat are obliterated by the junk you're adding.

    Yesterday someone ordered an iced coffee with HEAVY CREAM and one splenda. Are you kidding me with one splenda? Not only is that stuff terrible for you, it's not offsetting ANY damage done by the heavy cream. Just get a damn 20-calorie pump of classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, and yes! I'll take calories over chemicals any day!

    You are spot on Penny. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes, once you start really reading about foods and nutritions, it just makes sense to choose real sugar over something I can't even pronounce!

    ReplyDelete