Bringing the snark back to snacking

Bringing the snark back to snacking
Lots of things taste better than being thin feels:
A gooey, cheesy, greasy pizza
A chocolate eclair
Ice cream and gelato
Movie theatre popcorn with extra butter
What's yours?

Monday, July 18, 2011

Junk Food Withdrawal


I hate aspartame. I hate fake sweeteners. And yet, I just gobbled up a Yoplait Light Fat Free Strawberry Shortcake yogurt like it was a dish of Ben and Jerry’s Volun-tiramisu ice cream (have you tried that shit yet? BEST. ICE CREAM. EVER.) I would have licked the inside of the yogurt container if I could have gotten my face all the way in there.

What is it about “officially” starting a diet that makes the food panic come? Suddenly today I’m starving. But I’m not starving. I’ve been binging for weeks, to the point that I make myself ill. Yesterday I ate moderately, trying to follow the plan, but still had some treats. Today, being no-more-excuses day, I am starving and panicked about getting enough food.

Also, my body is acting like I’m torturing it. I assure you, I’m eating plenty and including fruits and veggies – it’s only halfway through the day and I’ve had an apple and a banana. Yet when I tried to do a mere half hour of Zumba, my favorite go-to workout, my body tried to poop out at 10 minutes in. Shaking, tummy growling, I finished the half hour and earned my two damn activity points. If the afternoon storms cool the temperatures down, I’ll try and go for a walk later (it’s summer in the desert, no one does anything aerobic unless the sun is down or it’s storming).

It feels like the sugar/carb withdrawal you get with the South Beach Diet. I’ve had plenty of sugar and carbs today, but I haven’t overdone them. I didn’t realize how badly I’d messed my body up with the weeks of binging L Just trying to make it through today, and hopefully tomorrow will be better.



Breakfast
Apple
1 ¼ cup Berry Berry Kix (5)
½ cup Silk Pure Almond Milk (1)

Morning snack
Banana
Yoplait Light Fat Free Strawberry Shortcake yogurt (3)

Lunch
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (10)
No sugar added applesauce
Two clementines

Afternoon snack
Six slices turkey breast (2)
Five pickle slices

Dinner
Turkey burger (4)
½ tsp mayonnaise
½ tsp ketchup
Salad and 1 tbsp dressing (1)
Sandwich thins (3)

1 comment:

  1. What actually helps me a LOT is to front-load my points, and have a huge breakfast. I tend to eat big point (9-10) breakfasts, have a light lunch, then eat a larger dinner. Also, rock climbing is amazing about activity points... you should come! ;)

    ReplyDelete